Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fun Pictures

This is entry is just a bunch of pictures. I'm doing a christmas present for my room mate that involves collecting photos of her friends in TX. And I decided to post some of them on my blog.

This is Thanksgiving Day. And my very first turkey!! Look how pretty it is. I was so happy with how well it turned out. And I finally got to use the platter that Jill gave me for my 30th birthday. My roommate even called her mom and told her that it was the best turkey she had ever tasted! Her mom then asked for the recipie.

This is my christmas tree. I inherited it from an old room mate that didn't want to move it. And over the last 2 years I have collected ornaments and ideas for it. I think it is lovely, and it makes me happy to come home at night and turn it on.

This is me and my roommates in front of the tree. I thought this was a cute picure of us. You can even see my new glasses. They don't look that bright normally, it must be the flash. From left to right, me, Christine, Alinda.

This is what happened last Sunday evening. We invited about 6 people over for dinner and it doubled to about 13 that actually showed up. Luckily, the chicken breasts were huge and we were able to cut them in half. Since there are three of us living together for the time being we happen to have a lot of doubles as far as furniture and appliances. When we realized how many were coming over we decided to make use of both of our tables. So we brought one in from off the patio and put them together and had dinner family style. It was lots of fun. This is after dinner when I recruited some of our guests to help me wrap caramels that I had made earlier. It was a really fun evening!!










3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I don't even eat turkey but yours does look beautiful, as far as turkeys go.

    I hope your friends didn't eat all your caramels. I'm planning on eating a ton at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I stopped checking your blog for awhile b/c for the longest time I just saw a big giraffe (not that that's a bad thing...) but you've been busy this month! I'm so glad I checked....I loved all these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're blog is great, thanks for writing, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete